Do you want to work as a Sourcing Merchandiser together with a dedicated team of professionals for Clas Ohlson in Ho Chi Minh city, Vietnam? We now has an exciting role for you who want to take responsibility for expanding our sourcing in South- and South East Asia. Does it sound interesting? Read on!
About the company:
Clas Ohlson is a Swedish retail company established by Clas Ohlson in 1918. The company mission is to help and inspire people to improve their everyday life by offering smart, simple, practical solutions at attractive prices.
We offer you room to grow and a great company culture where we encourage you to be yourself. Clas Ohlson has been helping customers for 100 years now, and with your help, we will be simplifying life for at least a 100 more.
About the role:
As a Sourcing Merchandiser, you will primarily focus on expanding sourcing in South East and South Asia, ensuring a seamless new development/sourcing process to meet customer demands regarding cost, availability, quality, and sustainability. Your role is pivotal in identifying potential suppliers, evaluating their capabilities, issuing requests for quotations, and maintaining strong business relationships for product development and production. The responsibilites and job tasks include:
- Identifies new potential suppliers, perform evaluation and issues requests for quotations that meet the company requirements on price, sustainability, quality standards, and lead time.
- Taking active role in securing purchasing practices and strategies are aligned and implemented with Vendors
- Understand and deliver on local/regional sourcing strategies and project plans.
- Maintain strong business relationships with vendors for product development and production. Evaluate vendors’ capability. Keep track of vendors’ performance
- Work closely with stakeholders in Sweden and other IPO offices to ensure assortment demands are met and delivered
- Develop new/existing products according to inspiration brief/ developing brief/buying request from stakeholders in Sweden
- Has a constant improvement mindset and way of working. Follow-up and analyses business on monthly basis (KPI). Constantly look for opportunities and take actions to develop existing offer, by developing supplier base and products
- Working closely with main stakeholders in purchase team, (PD/QA/CSR) departments and stakeholders in Sweden to finish multiple tasks
Who are you?
You are someone with international experience working with vendors in South East and South Asia. Having a history of working in or with India is a plus. Your expertise in new supplier sourcing, startup, and development, along with your competitive drive for the best deals, makes you a fit for this role. Your ability to challenge norms, create and maintain relationships across multiple functions, and work under pressure is what we seek.
We also see that you are skilled or have experience in:
- A background of 3-5 years in purchasing/sourcing/supply planning
- 3-5 years' experience in a trading company or buying office/agent
- Proficient in Excel, Word, and Outlook with a preference for knowledge in Microsoft AX
- Excellent negotiation, analytical, and presentation skills
- Industry and product knowledge in Home, DIY, Leisure, Electrical, and Multimedia sectors
Ho Chi Minh city, Vietnam
Do we suit you?
We want you to step into the office and feel that you can be just who you are. Our workplace offers a permissive and encouraging environment where we are expected to take initiative and have the courage to try new things. Your drive and desire to develop Clas Ohlson together with us is what keeps us one step ahead. We believe in diversity and that our employees' different backgrounds, personalities, experience and skills are the path to success. Together with you, we want to simplify everyday life for all our customers!
To learn more about if we as a company suit you, please click on this link and listen to a couple of our co-workers talk about working at Clas Ohlson!
If you meet the qualifications and believe that you can contribute, please apply to us no later than 31st December 2023.
If you have any questions regarding the position or the recruitment process, please contact Jane Wang at email@example.com
We advise you to apply as soon as possible as applications will be reviewed continuously